Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's not that I've stopped doing new things...

It's just one of 2 other things. Either

(1) I haven't opened Blogger and written about them

or

(2) I very simply have not done something every single day.

In all seriousness, the idea was awesome. And I did go above and beyond to do something new every day! However, there are simply some days when I was too darn busy to try to fit in something new. I didn't want the project to dwindle down to "I tried a new flavor of juice" or "I took a different road home" or "I visited a new website." It got to the point where those things simply didn't take effort to be new things.

As a result, I have stopped stressing out about trying to do something new every single day. I have done many new things all in one day and no new things in others. I still have the mindset that I should try new things and do new things; I just honestly don't have the time or the creativity to do it every single day! I'm either working a 14-hour day or I'm trying to absorb the time I'm actually at home.

Anyhow.

My point is, I'd still like to come here and note when I do new things. I think it will encourage me to both do them and keep a record of them and have something to look back on. But I new that as soon as I started panicking or stressing about doing something new, it was time to back off!

I still have tons of pictures of things from Thanksgiving through Christmas that I need to upload, and lots of stuff to write about that's happened since New Year's Day. So don't stop reading, just know that the updates won't be daily (but they will still be equally interesting)!

:o)

1 comment:

crosscribe said...

:-D

Looking forward to more! (And I hear you re: busy -- look how long it took me to check back in here!! My bad.)