Sunday, December 2, 2007

A clean sweep...?

Ahh, another day at the funeral home. It was a VERY slow day today, but we did have a service this morning. After the service was over, I vacuumed the viewing room. Also, I took down tables full of Buddhist funereal ritual items (incense bowls, candles, offerings, etc.). Then I moved flower displays from the viewing area to the holding area for a family to pick up later. I also went into the cemetery office to meet the staff there. And, at the end of the day, I took home some beautiful flowers that a family had left behind for us to dispose of.

I watched a few things today that I will probably be doing myself one of these days, but I don't want to list them as new things since I didn't actually do them myself.

I really like this job--it's absolutely fascinating. It's the first job I've ever had that I cannot wait to get to and where I just wish and wish I had the ability to go back to school to make it a career. Yes, I know I just finished my Master's, but this just seems like such fascinating and rewarding work.

No comments: