Saturday, December 1, 2007

Glued to the... computer?

For quite a while, I've been hearing about the wonders of being able to watch TV shows online.

"Why?" I've always asked. Why in the world would you want to wait for the show to load or deal with the choppiness that can come with streaming video, all to watch it on a smaller screen? I mean, yeah, I guess if you miss a show and need to catch up, it's cool, but to choose to watch TV that way?

Anyway, all whining aside, I had a very nice experience this evening as I watched a full one-hour television show online. (Incase anyone wonders, I watched an episode of Frontline that went behind the scenes at a funeral home since I had heard such good things about the episode.)

It wasn't so bad, but I think that PBS has an exceptional media player, not to mention it broke the episode into 6 manageable chapters. I wouldn't call myself a convert just yet, but I might not resist it so much in the future! :)

No comments: