Friday, December 7, 2007

I finally cracked.

Okay... *I* didn't crack. It was my windshield. It had split back in May and I didn't do anything about it because I didn't feel like shelling out the money for a replacement, and the crack was already too big to repair.

Well, I guess it was the snow and ice and overall freezing temperatures we had this week, but the crack finally spread and had almost reached the edges of the windshield. *Sigh*

So, today, I called auto repair shops and got estimates on replacing a windshield.

This did not make me happy. I found out that the cheapest was only $10 less than my deductible and the most expensive was TWICE my deductible, and I had offers for about every price in between. I made an appointment for tomorrow morning to have it replaced, but I am very very sad. I guess it will be good to have a fully intact windshield... and I'm just waiting for the class-action lawsuit to begin, since many, many, MANY drivers of my car seem to have had the same problem!

No comments: