Friday, December 21, 2007

It's all in the details.

When I got to the funeral home tonight, there wasn't much to do, and there were still 2 hours to go before the visitation was scheduled to start. I didn't really do any big new things, but I still had some brand new experiences.

First, I got my very own funeral home name tag with "Funeral Home Assistant" printed under my name. So that's pretty cool.

Second, I worked a visitation with absolutely no funeral directors still in the funeral home. It was just us part-timers. Innnteresting.

Third, I checked all of the perimeter doors to the funeral home by myself for the closing process.

Lastly, I took down flower cards and cleaned up the room immediately after a visitation.

A pretty calm night, but there's always something new to do!

No comments: