Sunday, November 4, 2007

An A-MAIZE-ing Start!

This was supposed to happen LAST Sunday, but we had to wait until this Sunday instead... since I wanted to start my "new things" with something really cool, I put things off for a week!

Today, Alex and I went to a corn maze. Even in all my years living in the farmlands of Ohio, I had never been in a corn maze before today.

Here is an aerial shot of the maze we went to conquer:


We were pretty sure of ourselves--after all, we were both masters of mazes on paper when we were little kids, and our mad video game skills are great enough that we were both confident of the other's ability to navigate when (and if) the other got off-track. We were so confident, in fact, that we opted not to take a "help us" flag, which was basically this 8-foot-tall flag that you waved if you got hopelessly CORN-FUSED (you have to LOL at that one) and the "corn cop" (haha, get THAT?) would come help you. (I almost wish I could take credit for those puns, but that is what our hostess told us as we entered the maze!)

Anyway, we got through the first part and got allllll the way back down to the end where the exit was. We could SEE the exit, but we couldn't get there! So we went back and forth and ended up near the beginning and middle and end again...

And stopped to take a picture of ourselves lost in the maze. I was happy just to be outside in the beautiful fall weather and I think Alex was keeping his eye on this path he thought we needed to get to:
So anyway, we finally found our way to that elusive path we'd had our eyes on and... WOOHOO! We made it to the bridge! The bridge is the victory point - head up the stairs, cross the bridge, and you're on the exit path!

Here is the view of part of the maze from the top of the bridge:
So! Today, November 4th, begins my quest for 365 (well, 366) brand new things in the coming days. Some of them will be fun and a-maize-ing (haha, I crack myself up) like today, others will probably be not-so-fun, but it will force me to step outside of my comfort zone a bit and see what I can find!

1 comment:

crosscribe said...

Woohoo! Way to go, you! Sounds like you had a fun (albeit corny (Ha!)) day!