Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This little light of mine...

So I got this jar candle about a year ago from a random online gift exchange. It is abnormal for me to burn a non-brand-name candle, as I'd say about 95% of my candles are higher quality (Yankee, Illuminations, etc.).

Anyway, I have absolutely fallen in love with this scent. It is called "Drifting Leaves" and just smells amazing.

Well, even though I am burning it correctly (burning it 1 hour for each inch across it is, etc.) it is still tunneling--meaning the candle is burning down the middle without burning to the edge and down, leaving lots of wonderful unused candle. I knew I must remedy this situation because I have no idea where this candle came from or if I will ever be able to get another one!

So today, I readjusted the wax memory in my jar candle. This is something that I learned to do (by reading and hearing about it only) when I worked at Illuminations, but never had the opportunity to practice, as those candles were very high quality and we burned them properly.

So. It seems to be working - the wax from the outer edges is melting with everything else and I think I can salvage the whole thing. If worse comes to worst, I guess I can always get a candle warmer and melt it from the bottom, but there's so much extra comfort in the flickering flame that I hope I've saved this one! :-)

No comments: