Saturday, November 17, 2007

O hai, I can haz teh gushyfuds plz?

Srlsy. True story. I dislike pie. Vehemently. Sure, I'll eat chocolate pie, pudding pie and even banana pie... but pie made from cooked fruits? Or a gourd? WTF are you even trying to feed me?!

Anyway, due to my overwhelming dislike for cooked fruit and other things with suspiciously mushy textures, this girl doesn't do the traditional All-American pies. Apple Pie? Gross. Peach cobbler? wtf. Pumpkin Pie? Are you kidding me? One bite once a year is enough to remind me that I. Do. Not. Like. Teh. Gushyfuds.

Well.

Today, this nice girl who works here came in and was like "OMGBBQ thar iz free pumpkyn pye 4 u lyke srsly 4 reel." And I knew that my expected reaction was supposed to be "No wai, srsly? NOM NOM NOM." So I went down the hall to investigate. Lo and behold, there are lunch leftovers and... like 3 pumpkin pies. She was looking at me with this "omg yay I just mayde ur dai" look that made me believe I HAD to put a piece on a plate and take it back to the desk, just so she wouldn't cry. So I did.

And, after eating the delicious lunch, I figured it was time for my annual bite of pumpkin pie so that I could reassure myself and everyone who knows me that I don't like it.

But something happened today. I liked it. And... for the first time in my LIFE... I ate an entire piece of pumpkin pie.


The world may very well be nearing its end, my friends. Srsly.

1 comment:

crosscribe said...

You have certainly been busy with all your new things -- good for you for taking this on and then doing it!

BTW, I was not a fan of pumpkin pie for reasons unremembered by me now. ;-) Then I had a slice of my grandma's homemade pie one year and have enjoyed it ever since. (Minus the kind made at one of my favourite coffee places -- too watery.)