Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fun with the lottery!

So today was my first "thing that unexpectedly happened to me" new thing.

The boy and I were at the grocery store tonight and decided to get a couple scratch off lottery tickets on the way out of the store. So I chose my ticket and Alex pushed the button and... out came a torn off nothing of a ticket. Like... part of the title was there, but there was no bottom half to scratch off!

So we took the ticket (or lack thereof) to the Customer Service desk and the lady thought we were trying to redeem it. No, no. Just trying to either get the money back or get a new one!

So, that was new. Today, I got a defective lottery ticket and filled out the paperwork to get a refund for it.

To be honest, the "new thing" was going to be taking a bite of a habanero pepper (which we did purchase at the store) but when even Alex had to drown himself in chocolate milk after one good bite, I figured I'd save my taste buds for doing more interesting things this year!

(Oh, for those of you who have asked me - no, the replacement ticket did not win me anything. I am firmly convinced that the missing part of the defective ticket was indeed the $10,000 winner. At least, that's what I console myself with.)

No comments: