Friday, November 16, 2007

Hummus a song, please.

So, in all my years of college and potlucks and buffets, I've never tried hummus. At least, not on purpose and not that I can remember. It may have been in something I tried, but if it was I have no recollection. I never paid any attention to what hummus was made out of, all I knew is that it was the vegetarian alternative to... something. I really don't know what. Either way, it's always been in my head that hummus is "ew, gross, vegetarian food" somewhat similar to tofu (which I HAVE had and DO hate).

So anyway. I was at Trader Joe's this morning (which inspired future new things for me, which you will see as I get to them) and I saw horseradish-flavored hummus. I was already buying carrots and pretzel crisps, so I figured why the heck not.

So, today I bought and ate hummus. It... wasn't so bad. I think it would have tasted better had I mixed it in with the spinach dip I'd originally bought for my pretzels and veggies, but it really wasn't bad.

That said, I'm not ready to start eating hummus sandwiches or whatever it is that people do with hummus! But maybe next time I won't pass it over when it's on the buffet table!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is actually a hummus song

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FbRyWKqSlaw